Welcome to Texas Friends and Family Enrollment Center Website
On this site you will find information on how to register to receive calls from an offender located at
a Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) facility.
Texas Department of Criminal Justice has contracted with Embarq Payphone Services, Inc. (EPSI) to provide
calling services to the offenders at the facilities of the TDCJ. Our recipients are friends, relatives, and
attorneys who receive calls from the offenders.
The Offender Telephone System (OTS) allows eligible offenders to make paid telephone calls to friends and
family members. Offenders with major disciplinary problems, gang affiliations,
or on death row will not have access to the telephone system.
for more information regarding cell phone registration.
The following rules apply to the system:
- Phones are available from 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM, unless conditions dictate a change
- Calls are limited to 20 minutes
- You will hear a warning message one minute before being disconnected
- Offenders have unlimited minutes per month
- All calls, except to the Attorney of Record, are subject to monitoring, recording and voice recognition to complete call
- Calls may only be made to home landline telephone numbers
or post paid cell phones. No calls are allowed to 800 numbers, pay phones, or international numbers
Victims Information Page
If a victim does not wish to receive calls from offenders, they should contact the
VICTIM SERVICES DIVISION
8712 Shoal Creek Blvd., Ste. 265
Austin, Texas 78757
If you are unable to register via the phone or webform and have been instructed to complete the
Manual Form (Please follow the instructions included
on the form). Note that this method will result in longer approval times than the automated methods.